Iran: Nuke Talks With US Unlikely 07/19 06:15
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani's chief of staff
claims the president rejected eight requests from President Donald Trump last
year for one-on-one talks.
It's the latest comment from Tehran suggesting Iran isn't prepared to embark
on bilateral negotiations with Washington.
Trump earlier this year pulled America out of the international deal meant
to prevent Tehran from developing a nuclear weapon. He said last week that with
increased American sanctions, "at a certain point they're going to call me and
say 'let's make a deal.'"
State-owned IRAN newspaper quoted Rouhani's chief of staff Mahmoud Vaezi
saying Thursday that "it's been the reverse, so far," with Trump seeking to
He says Iran rejected the requests from the U.S. for the two presidents to
meet at last year's UN General Assembly meeting.